I love, love, love all things events and technology. If you can’t tell by my tweets, Facebook posts and all my other social media interactions, I love to talk about events and the tools that help us do what we do better. In June 2011, I partnered with an organization called Pogby to bring you PlannerTech – an event technology showcase. This weekly blog series is going to help continue to expose you to new tools you need to be aware of as an event planner. Also, in case you missed it, PlannerTech could be coming soon to your area!
Today, we’re talking about CheckInEasy
Your name: Justin Baer
Company/Tool Name: Check In Easy – Guest List & Check-in iPad/iPhone App
What is the “problem” that your tool seeks to solve?
- We are making paper guest lists and those ugly brown clipboards a thing of the past!
- Spending two hours after the event reconciling 5 different stapled excel files to see who attended will also be extinct.
- We are also eliminating the insane hassle of your assistant trying to find you at the event to let you know that your VIP guest has arrived.
Our guest list iPhone and iPad app makes it super simple and lightning fast to check in guests. Our notification email feature automatically sends the event planner a text message or email when their special guest arrives. Lastly, downloading a reconciled guest list showing when guests arrived is at the touch of a button.
What is the best audience for this tool? Corporate events? Social? Other? Large? Small?
All events that have more than 10 guests should be throwing away their stapled excel printout with highlighter markings all over it. Special events, corporate parties, galas, venues and night clubs. I even heard someone might use it for a baby shower! Hey, there’s a first for everything! Basically every and all events. Because our pricing model is scaled, any size event can check their guests in with the touch of a button with minimal cost.
What does your tool help event planners do better?
Check-in guests in record speed and reconcile actual attendees in no time. Our clients are also telling us they can now eliminate staff at the door because the guest list app facilitates a much faster check-in.
How is your tool different from/better than the competition?
1) First and foremost our company and servers are based in the United States and our security protocols are the Fort Knox of guest list apps. Our clients, including Google, Porsche and Tory Burch are super sensitive about their lists and they trust CheckInEasy’s stable platform and servers. When we checked in 2600 Google employees at their holiday party this past December, we had 11 iPads all signed in to the same event and they scanned over 200 guests a minute. No downtime or app freezes. Check out this testimonial from Google’s event planner.
2) Our app is extremely simple and easy to use. Uploading a guest list and being ready for check-in takes less than 60 seconds.
3) Our pricing model is about half of the closest competitor.
4) Large events might choose to use our boarding pass feature, where you can upload your guest list and send attendees a “boarding pass” with a unique QR code that can be scanned at the door with our built in scanner on an iPhone 4 or iPad 2.
What is the single coolest feature of your product?
Email and text notification when a special guest arrives.
Anything else we need to know?
Large or small, we can help you make check-in the easiest part of your event. If you have any questions feel free to call our office at (800) 610-8587 x3.